Does Your Office Environment Encourage Social Distancing?
It’s been about a month since businesses were reopened in Malaysia, and companies are still adjusting to the new social distancing norms in the office. At Cube Self Storage, we believe that creating a spacious workplace and encouraging environment is necessary to ease the practise of social distancing at work. Here are three easy and effective approaches that will make social distancing measures feel natural in the office.
- Staggering work schedules.
While working from home is a good solution, it may not be practical all the time for most businesses and companies. So, the better solution is to have your employees’ schedules staggered. For instance, you may separate your employees into two teams and each team will alternate between working from home and coming into the office. Always avoid unnecessary in-person meetings, large work-related gatherings, and congregating in the common areas such as the pantry and photocopy room.
- Create an encouraging environment for good hygiene and social distancing.
Here are several things you can implement around the office to instil good hygiene behaviour and social distancing among your employees:
- Face mask, soap, hand sanitiser, and disinfectant spray – These items should be available and accessible all the time.
- Temperature gun and health declaration form – Every person has to fill up the form and have his or her temperature checked before entering the office.
- Clean desk policy – Desks have to be cleaned with disinfectant at the end of every day.
- No handshake policy – This policy needs to be encouraged even with business clients.
- Only essential meetings are allowed, and any meeting has to be quick and short.
- Increase physical space – Distance between two persons should be kept at a minimum distance of 1 meter apart.
Remember, introducing new SOPs, policies, and measures is always more effective, efficient and natural in an environment that encourages the new behavioural norms.
- How to create a spacious office (even for small offices)
While staggering work schedules helps in reducing the number of people in the office, another effective way to achieve spaciousness is through decluttering and rearrangement of furniture. The first step in doing this is to identify items that you use daily and items you rarely use — such as the shelves of old records and documents, and also the unoccupied desks and unused furniture. Store these items away at Cube Self Storage and rearrange the essential office furniture, making sure everyone is seated at least 1 meter apart.
Let us help you create an encouraging and spacious office by storing your unused furniture and non-essential items. From warehouse space to climate-controlled storage units, we have a wide range of storage sizes for you to choose from, and the longer you store the lower your rate will be. Contact us today at +603 7772 9171 or drop us an email at email@example.com and enjoy our FREE 1-month storage deal.